1. What is the Big Problem (i.e. Affects roughly 1 billion people)?
The problem of EDUCATION affects children around the world, the impact of which is this: what kids learn today shapes the world we live in tomorrow.
2. What is the specific problem (So this affects 1b people… where is a specific concrete starting point where you see the need most)
How might we inspire/train a new generation of teachers in order to reach UNESCO’S Sustainable Development Goal of Universal Primary Education.
3. What’s a link between that and the environment you’re living (i.e. “Something closer to home”)?
Big Brothers Big Sisters NYC – http://www.bigsnyc.org/
4. What types of 100B$ technology *might* be able to impact this (broad stroke – think crazy)?
Mixed Reality as a teaching tool to groups of users, or one on one tutoring. Online learning platforms that connect students and teachers via the Web.
5. 3-5 links of resources that you have researched that specifically speak to you about this problem
Google.org, closing the education gap – https://www.google.org/closing-the-education-gap/
UNESCO e-Atlas of Teachers — http://tellmaps.com/uis/teachers/#!/tellmap/873758989
Kolibri, tools supporting effective learning – https://learningequality.org/kolibri/
Million Sparks, teacher training in India — https://www.google.org/our-work/education/million-sparks-foundation/
Big Brothers Big Sisters NYC — http://www.bigsnyc.org/
Brookings Institute – Africa’s education crisis is that 17 million students will never attend school